The MVC-HDD also destroys and renders inoperable, other miniaturized electronic devices and data storage media including SSDs, USB/flash drives, PDAs, cell/smartphones and circuit boards.
Complete Media and Data Destruction
The Phiston MVC-HDD doesn’t simply fold a hard drive, or punch a few holes in it. The MVC-HDD crushes and demolishes every square inch of the HDD, rendering all data storage surfaces destroyed.
Secure HDD Destruction Where You Need It
The Phiston MVC-HDD has a footprint of only 22.5” x 9.5”, and stands16” tall. It was designed for desk- and table-top deployment and to be unobtrusive, making it ideal for space-limited offices and server rooms.
Your storage media never have to leave your secure server room or facilities for destruction, eliminating chain-of-custody and other security risks.
MediaVise Compact HDD with Debris Chute Installed.
Debris from crushed HDDs and other destroyed digital media are ejected via the optional chute accessory, directly into a garbage container.
- The MVC-HDD utilizes Phiston’s proprietary MediaVise hydraulic crushing platform fitted with a pair of patented corrugated interlocking crushing plates.
- The crusher delivers 20 tons (40,000 lbs) of destructive forces to mangle and destroy the HDD’s magnetic data storage platters, controller and read heads in less than 30 seconds (see photos below).
- Built-in Worker and Environmental Health and Safety features:
- Fully automated, a hands-off operation for user safety
- Debris accumulates in a collection bin until safely disposed of
- HEPA Filtration system traps any potentially harmful airborne particulates from the crushing and shattering of circuit boards, electronic components and silicon-based integrated circuit chips
- RFI and EMI Suppression to minimize interference with other electronic equipment in the vicinity
- Noise suppression to 65db which is much quieter than the 85db threshold acceptable to OSHA for workplace
- Compact and portable HDD destroyer (footprint of only 22.5” x 9.5”, and 16” tall). Safe for deployment on a truck, or in an office or data center.
- Media destruction can be performed in-house so media never leaves your custody intact, or entrusted to a contractor
- Simple, user-friendly, automated operation
- No special adapters needed for power or for crushing various media
- Crushing plates never need to be sharpened or replaced