First of all, the Computer Forensics Lab’s security and location is a very important point. Maintaining the safety of the evidence and the tools is the first thing to think about. The following requirements determine the best practice for this issue:
- It must be in a secure place
- It must have only one door for entrance
- It must not have windows or any openings in the walls, ceilings, and floors
- It must have an intrusion alarm system in the entrance
- It must have a monitoring Camera, placed at the entrance of the lab
- The entrance must have a biometric device to handle the access to the lab
- Every computer must have Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS)
- A good lighting in the lab is highly recommended
An Introduction to Cyber LAB Setup
Reportedly, the first computer crime took place in the year 1978 involving alteration / deletion of data. The level of cybercrime has heightened simultaneously with the growth in the years since. In order to meet the needs of such demanding cases, a dedicated investigating environment has become a necessity over the past. The new age lab setups combine a more advanced and wider set of investigative devices and solutions made to forensically examine a variety of digital devices apart from computers only.
Why Do You Need A Cyber LAB Setup
Getting a lab set up will only be a motivation towards elaborated investigation of digital forensic evidences. One of the key factors for setting up a cyber-lab is exploring more about the new generation digital crime cases a pattern of which has changed over the past years. The sophisticated yet advanced level of cyber-attacks taking place currently comprises of many layers requiring levels of analysis consequently.
One Cyber Lab, Many Purposes!
With your own Cyber Lab setup, precisely investigating an entire range of digital forensic cases is possible under one roof. Starting from Computer forensics, Mobile forensics, Network forensics, to even the latest; Cloud forensics; all cases can be undertaken and investigated with the help of a fully equipped Cyber Lab.
Equipment’s We Offer for LAB SETUP
► Digital evidence preservation tools
► Computer analysis tools
► Mobile device analysis tools
► Forensic data recovery equipment
► Class 100 clean room
► Chip-off workstation
► Data erasure tools
► NSA certified degausser
► Professional storage media shredder
What can we do in the lab?
► Digital Evidence Acquisition & Preservation
► Forensic Data Recovery
► Password Decryption
► Forensic analysis
► System Emulation
► Data Carving
► Chats & Instant Messenger Analysis
► User Artifacts Analysis
► Timeline Analysis
Who Needs Digital Forensics Service?
When corporate customers find a digital crime suspect or a potential criminal behavior based on digital device, but not sure if it is true, outsourcing a law firm straightaway or entering a formal lawsuit may arouse the suspicious, incur internal chaos, cause intelligence leakage, generate unnecessary costs or lead to other unexpected problems.
Under such occasions, many company managements have expressed their wishes to have a beforehand investigation and discovery before going into any formal procedure or handing it to any legal party, after they detect a potential crime.
When you find a digital crime or a potential criminal behavior based on digital device. Escort Cyber Forensics digital forensics laboratory could supply the best solution to support your case.
Other Miscellaneous Requisites
- Specialized Forensic Workstation» Configured with large capacity hardware devices, Pre-installed with forensic purpose software solutions, Evidence protection and preservation devices integrated.
- Evidence Collection Accessories» Mobile Data Investigation Kit.
- Evidence Preservation Devices» RF Shield Bags (Large, Medium, Small).
- Other Hardware Assemblage Tools» Wiring harness, Wall mounts, Cable ties, Wall plugs, Stainless steel Hose clamps, Fiberglass sleeves and tubes for wires, Round cable clips, Crystal plug connectors, Power cords, Hand-tools, Anti-static pads.
Hardware and software applications that we set up for your Cyber Lab will be run for a validation and testing purposes at the end of Lab Setup.
In addition to that expert and technicians will also provide a demonstration for using the hardware and software components installed in the lab setup.