The Ditto DX Forensic FieldStation from CRU-DataPort is a professional forensic FieldStation for data capture and analysis. It replaces a laptop or other host machine during data acquisition. The FieldStation is portable and can be used for creating disk clones. You can configure, manage, and operate via a networked/VPN Web browser interface. It images from and writes to network locations, one or two SATA drives, or one or two eSATA mass storage devices. The FieldStation also creates standard DD or E01 disk images. It automatically logs activity that can be saved along with case information. In addition, the FieldStation is made up of rugged, all-metal, fan-free construction, and is easily upgradable.
- Create local, remote, or networked disk clones and images
- Configure and manage Ditto DX via a VPN, network, or on the unit itself
- Time saving logical imaging twice as fast as the original Ditto Forensic FieldStation
- Natively supports write-blocked SATA, eSATA, PATA, and USB 3.0/2.0
- Write to dual destinations simultaneously – Any combination of eSATA, USB 3.0, or Gigabit Ethernet • Output images to portable RAID enclosures, NAS units, and other network destinations
- Data acquisition modes – Clone, DD, E01, L01, and simultaneous clone & image
- Hash types – MD5, SHA-1, MD5 + SHA-1, SHA-256, MD5+SHA-256
- Securely sanitize drives with preset erase modes or a user configurable pattern
- Stealth Mode available for use with night vision goggles (not included)
The Ditto® DX Forensic FieldStation is the latest addition to the Ditto Forensic FieldStation family, with the same great usability features as the original Ditto device.
Ditto DX performance has been optimized for various forms of media, including SSDs, NVMe/PCIe, hard drives, SD and CF cards, and others.
Time-Saving Logical Imaging
With hard drives and networked file shares exploding in size, Logical Imaging is more important than ever. Ditto DX Logical Imaging performance is twice that of the Ditto device. And with automatic, pre-selected search and acquire capability, Ditto DX slashes the time it takes to capture needed evidence.
An easy-to-use web browser interface supports remote operation via network or VPN, providing access to Ditto configuration, user administration and user rights, as well as direct operation of Ditto cloning and imaging operations. Ditto DX improves on Ditto with separate Ethernet and USB 2.0 ports so Ditto DX can be managed without impacting imaging performance.
Create Logical and Physical Images in the Field
The built-in menu system makes it easy to configure and perform forensic captures of selected files–without an attached computer. Generate complete listings of drive or file system contents to facilitate discovery, or automatically capture specific file types.
Suspect Inputs (Write-Blocked)
Ditto natively supports many write-blocked inputs: SATA, eSATA, PATA, USB3.0/2.0. Additional acquisition interfaces are available via expansion modules, such as the Ditto SAS Expansion Module and Ditto FireWire Expansion Module.
Use dual SATA outputs simultaneously with same performance as one eSATA (single, dual and mirrored). Images can also be output to large volumes, including NAS and other network destinations, as well as portable RAID enclosures.
Data Acquisition Modes
Clone, DD, E01, L01 with MD5 or SHA-1 hashing. Ditto DX also offers a combined mode that captures a clone and DD (to different destination drives) in a single pass reading of the suspect drive.
Complete and Secure Erasure
Ditto DX is capable of sanitizing drives with preset erase modes or a user configurable pattern.